Monday, December 6, 2010

Let the festivities begin!

This past weekend I went to an annual cookie swap. It's really a nice start to the month-long Christmas festivities! I was pooped this year, so opted for peppermint bark as my contribution.
But then at the last minute I discovered this incredible mint and toasted almond (crack) candy. WOW! I decided to make it as a hostess gift, but really I just wanted to keep eating it at her house! See, a gift that keeps on giving (to my belly!).

We had a really nice time, and brought home a few brilliant sweets to put under our pillow (I'm not sure what that means, but it was in Steel Magnolia's so I figure it's relevant).

Someone's little hand moved in for a steal just as I was taking this shot! Classic.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

so fun. I'm hosting a swap on the 18th! Can't wait...you really need to link this to my foodie friday linky:)