Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So Very Thankful For Days Like This

This was by far one of the BEST spontaneous trips we've taken yet. Elia purchased Christmas coloring books and donated them to the Children's Medical Center.
She totally understands that some children will be in the hospital for the holidays and said this was going to "cheer them up". I sure hope so.
(Please don't submit the Sainthood application yet...my 3 year old wanted to make sure that we didn't donate her glitter that she'd just purchased along with the coloring books! I mean a girl has to draw the line somewhere!)

The hospital has an impressive two story train exhibit that you can tour for free!

This hospital is most impressive in both presentation and the care they provide.

There's even a waterfall!

Back in the car for more adventures in Dallas. We stumbled upon the BEST Mexican restaurant on Main Street and stopped for lunch.

This is 1/2 of my $8 lunch STEAL (Scarfed down half the grilled veggie wrap and tortilla soup before I remembered to take a picture!)!

Next stop, the original Neiman Marcus in downtown Dallas for a look at their annual Christmas window display. It's a 'cosmic' Christmas at Neiman's this year! I'm not sure what this look is on Elia's face, but it looks oddly familiar (um, like a look I can give!!)!!

Is this not the picture of child-like innocence at Christmas?

Even I can get a bit overwhelmed at all there is to see here!

This year's Neiman Marcus Tree? A Rocket Ship, of course.

Oh yes we sure did buy one of the best cookies on the planet! The was seconds before I grabbed the sucker out of her hand in time for her to CRASH for the ride home. She was worn out.

What perfect day isn't complete without a trip to a new park in town?
What a fantastic, spontaneous, memorable day.
I'm truly thankful.


No comments: